Complaint Review: Protect America

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2007

• Reported By:Leon Iowa
Protect America
5100 North IH-35 Suite B Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Protect America, faulty system, deceptive sales practice, and no way to leave contract Round Rock Texas

My husband got a letter in the mail for this great deal with Protect America and verbally signed a three year contract with this company. They failed to tell him that there is absolutly no way out of this contract or that the system does not work and will constantly beep. Constantly meaning 24 hours a day.

We called protect america serveral times and they never fixed it for us. For a year we had this problem then we moved and decided to cancel and the company told us to send them a letter and it would be canceled. I sent the letter to cancel but they returned it. I called and they said they never received it. However, they did b/c they returned it in a new envelope. Clever. Not just a return to sender message. Then they tell me there is no way to get out of the contract. I told them I would send the system back to them b/c I don't want it and they said that it is mine and sending it to them will do nothing to change things.

My system is in a box somewhere because it does not work. So we are paying $35/month for the next two years for something that does not work. They keep saying they will talk to us over the phone and fix it but we have done that so many times I can't keep track and it is still broken.

Ashley
Leon, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America/Round-Rock-Texas-78681/Protect-America-faulty-system-deceptive-sales-practice-and-no-way-to-leave-contract-Rou-263387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America