• Report: #620608

• Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By: Aki — Oceanside California United States of America
Protect America
5100 IH 35 N STE B Internet United States of America

Protect America, Round Rock, Texas Did not make clear 2 year contract, forced me to pay 11 months of no use just to cancel; Internet

I got this security system while caring for my Aunt dying from Alzheimers. She was paranoid, and was worried about burglars. I got it in May '09. She died in Feb. '10. I tried to cancel in March '10 and was told I had to wait until May '10. Then in July I tried to cancel and they said I had to pay for 11 months to cancel. They did not tell me this in March or I would have taken action. I paid my 11 months of non-use service, but it makes me livid to think I was so misled. I have paid them $384.45 for absolutely no reason.

If you ever have an opportunity to get a system from them, run away, they will do nothing but cause you pain and heartache in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America/internet/Protect-America-Round-Rock-Texas-Did-not-make-clear-2-year-contract-forced-me-to-pay-1-620608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America