Complaint Review: Protect Cell

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: MedicMommy — Sebastopol California
Protect Cell
, Select State/Province USA

Protect Cell Charged me 199.00 for the premium service, and did not replace my cell phone for 50.00 as promised, but tried to charge me 150.00 internet

*Author of original report: Totally Ripped Off!

I purchased an i-phone 4 on August 24, 2012 from Verizon, and was offered insurance or "ProtectCELL."  I was told, and signed a piece of paper stating that I would receive a replacement phone for 50.00 for a one-time cost of 199.99.

Too good to be true? Yes!  I recently had an accident with my phone while on vacation and needed a replacement phone.  They were all too willing to replace my phone for 150.00.  What?!?  What about honoring the 50.00 and the piece of paper I signed from Verizon?  How about the fact that I paid 199.99 for a plan that cost 139.99 online? The nice young man at ProtectCELL told me he would not honor the deal I was offered through Verizon even though I paid my money in good faith.  I dont have a cell phone to email him a photo of the document.

I was able to receive a "pro-rated" refund of my initial 199.99, why not the full amount as I did not use the service?

I feel ripped off, and I'm hopping mad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-Cell/Select-StateProvince/Protect-Cell-Charged-me-19900-for-the-premium-service-and-did-not-replace-my-cell-phone-1069990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect Cell

Totally Ripped Off!

AUTHOR: MedicMommy - ()

So, I initially asked for a refund of my initial fee and was offered a "pro-rated" amount of the original 199.99, in the amount of $85.00. "Scott" told me I was paying for services used. What services? According to their sales rep, I was to receive a "$50" replacement phone, no matter what happened to my phone. The phone was also supposed to be new! I

I reconsidered after looking around for another phone on the internet, the cost was upwards of 300$. I called back, they said it would be $150 and I paid it. My phone took almost a week to arrive, it was clearly "refurbished." The phone began to "short out" within 1 month. I tried to contact ProtectCell and my account was deleted. I did not receive the promised 85$ refund for ending my account. To top it off, they had charged me $200 for the faulty phone!!!  They have not responded to my e-mails and I can get no response by phone.

I am out a grand total of 399.99 and I have no phone. I am still under one year of my original cell phone contract and ProtectCell agreement. If someone offers you "ProtectCell" run screaming the other way!!