Complaint Review: Protect ID Today

• Submitted: Fri, October 08, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 08, 2010

• Reported By: AB — Dallas Texas United States of America
Protect ID Today

Protect ID Today ILD Teleservices Unauthorizrd charges on my AT&T phone bill , Internet

My AT&T phone bill had a mysterious charge of $14.95 listed as PaymentOne.com.  I called the number and was told that the charge was for Protect ID Today, a service that I never ordered.  The company issued a cancellation but said it would take "a couple" of billing cycles for the credit to appear on my account.

After reading a Ripoff Report about a similar situation, I also called AT&T customer services to complain.  The AT&T rep issued a 'block' to eliminate future 3rd party charges.  I was told that the block would be activated within 2 weeks.  The AT&T rep then filed a claim to credit my account for the fraudelent charges (2 months @ $14.95 each).

The AT&T rep told me that she had heard numerous complaints about this, but that it would take up to 60 days for the credit to appear on my account.  Since AT&T has known about this fraudelent practice for some time, I questioned why this major corporation hasn't put a stop to it and is still passing thru these erroneous billings.  Shame on them.

I asked the AT&T rep what has the FTC said about this practice and she gave me the FTC complaint # 877-902-3971.  AT&T appears to be a willing partner in this scam and I plan to file a complaint with the FTC.

Review your phone bill carefully and raise questions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-ID-Today/internet/Protect-ID-Today-ILD-Teleservices-Unauthorizrd-charges-on-my-ATT-phone-bill-Internet-649010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect ID Today