Complaint Review: Protect Your Home, ADT, Defender Security

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: ep — bethpage New York United States of America
Protect Your Home, ADT, Defender Security
3750 Priority Way South Drive, Suite 200 Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Protect Your Home, ADT, Defender Security Deceptive sales/promotion practices Indianapolis, Indiana

Part of the promotion offered to me over the phone was a $100 visa gift card.  The agent did not explain to me that I would have to take the time and expense to get a $5 money order to receive this gift card - nor would I expect that since all other companies who offer such promotions do not require a shipping and handling fee.  The agents I spoke to said this was "noted in my welcome letter", but as I explained to them multilpe times, I authorized my contract and paid my install fee over the phone after being offered this promotion, so by the time I was signed up and paid, I had not been told or sent this information.

Protect your home sent me to the company who processes the claims, as they claimed it was their fee.  This was a lie.  The company that processes their via gift cards informed it is indeed a fee that Protect Your Home has chosen to charge its customers in order to receive a visa gift card.  The processing company simply collects this money on behalf of Protect Your Home.  It doesn't matter if the fee is $5 or $50 - they left out financial information when I purchased a system, gave false information after the fact, & refused to do anything to rectify the situation.

Also , I was overcharged on my first bill b/c Protect Your Home's records showed I ordered a mobile uplink, which I did not have installed. They 1. told me it would take at least 30 days to get reimbursed and 2. could not even tell me what my bill should have been.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-Your-Home-ADT-Defender-Security/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/Protect-Your-Home-ADT-Defender-Security-Deceptive-salespromotion-practices-Indianapoli-977969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect Your Home, ADT, Defender Security