Complaint Review: Protect Your Home, ADT Security

• Submitted: Mon, July 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 29, 2010

• Reported By: Vidal — Orlando Florida United States of America
Protect Your Home, ADT Security
3750 Priority Way South Dr., Ste 200, Indianapolis Orlando, Florida United States of America

Protect Your Home, ADT Security ADT SECURITY TOTAL RIP OFF! CHARGING TECH SUPPORT FOR WIRING THAT I DID AS WELL AS STATING I SIGNED UP FOR A 32 month security system Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: protect your home

*Consumer Comment: Alarm Services

Customer service people on the other end of the 800 number knows nothing. They want to charge me fees for returning equipment and downgrade.

I just called to deactivate the service and I was told that in order to deactivate the service I would STILL be responsible for paying 75% of the contractual price for the next 3 years. Have they lost their minds. The rep stated that it was explained to me at installation. I said that it was not explained to me. I would never have signed such an adhesive contract. I'm suppose to pay for monitoring service that I'm not even getting.

ADT IS A RIPOFF! STAY AWAY! I'm going to fight this one to the letter. I don't mind paying for service I actually received, but I'm not paying for future service I have no intention of receiving.

To make another thing clear I decided to downgrade and was told by tech support if I wanted to make it affordable I can pull a wire from the attic to the closet that the alarm cell tower is at. I was also told all I had to do was call billing after that to state that a success test was receive and to downgrade me. My next step is to contact the BBB and put a call to the FTC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2010 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-Your-Home-ADT-Security/Orlando-Florida-32824/Protect-Your-Home-ADT-Security-ADT-SECURITY-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-CHARGING-TECH-SUPPORT-FOR-WIRI-622559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect Your Home, ADT Security

protect your home

AUTHOR: Sue - (United States of America)

i have a system with safeguard   excellent     i bought a service through protect your home adt for another home since the area does not have safeguard, completely terrible service etc  i am so disgusted   ready to go to my lawyers and go after the monies i paid.

Alarm Services

AUTHOR: Bruinkind - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, this is pretty much the way EVERY alarm company operates. In order to make alarm services affordable, they waive the considerable costs to install an alarm system. In exchange, the customer agrees to an approximately 36-month contract. You either have to pay for services, or pay for the installation. In any case, the company has to be reimbursed. If you think you can just pull out scot-free, I think you're deluding yourself. Just saying...