Complaint Review: Protect Your Home Security

• Reported By: Eddie — Branson Missouri United States of America
Protect Your Home Security
Indianapolis Internet United States of America

Protect Your Home Security Defender Security Buyer Beware Big Ripoff Internet

Just wanted to let you know that Buyer Beware for this company Protect Your Home Security. When we moved into our new home we received a flyer from ADT security that read we could get a $850.00 value for only $99.00 plus receive a free wireless remote control plus free medical and fire panic alert. We already have ADT security at another home we own, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to get service in our new home also. So I called to schedule a install date. I was expecting an ADT van to pull up but instead a man in a plain car pulled up. Said he was here to install our security system. When he started pulling out the equipment, I noticed it looked nothing like the one we had at the other house. When we questioned him about it he kept telling us it was just new updated equipment and that ADT did not have that kind of system anymore. The panel, monitors, and door monitors all were different. When we questioned that again we were told that everything had changed. He just kept on about his business until he got to trying to figure out how to hardwire our system. He was having alot of difficulity figuring it out,so he convinced us to put in a cellular system instead. So we did. Next come the monitors which we could not get adjusted correctly, I told him several times we needed to contact our local ADT, he just ignored me. We did call the number we had called originally and I got ahold of a man named Steve Webb who we told we were dissatisfied with the equipment, he said if we would let them keep the account he would throw in extra monitors, an extra outside alarm,and a $100.00 visa card. I told him that would be fine as long as the equipment worked . We were still within our 3 day cancellation period. After hanging up we thought we better get an e-mail sent to us to confirm what he had said. Thats when the real problems started. We got the runaround from not 1,2, 3, or 4 people but 7 in all. Who none of them could get us in touch with Steve, nor could they e-mail the additional equipment he was going to send. We started to get nervous so we checked out the rip off report site, and found numerous complaints on them. We since have called the corporate ADT and are scheduled to have a new system installed. We feel Protect Your Home mis-lead us by leading us to believe that they were ADT not just an authorised dealer for ADT. They have already taken the money out of our account, so I will be waiting for a refund. The Customer Service personnal thru them for the most part are rude. I have since sent in my 3 day cancellation paper and will be waiting for a full refund. If not I will contact the authorities and will update my post...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-Your-Home-Security/internet/Protect-Your-Home-Security-Defender-Security-Buyer-Beware-Big-Ripoff-Internet-658478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect Your Home Security