Complaint Review: Protron DBA SpectronIQ

• Submitted: Tue, July 31, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 31, 2007

• Reported By:Mastic New York
Protron DBA SpectronIQ
2850 East Cedar Street Ontario, California U.S.A.

Protron DBA SpectronIQ I bought this 42" turkey from ShopNBC - What a mistake! Ontario, California

I bought a 42" Protron (now SpectronIQ) from ShopNBC in Nov.'06. This was one BIG mistake. I bought it with the understanding that there was a one yr. in home warrantee. That's what they said on TV anyway. It serviced me for 3 months and died. I called for service and was told they didn't do that any more and that I needed to send it back to California.

After doing some research, I found out that the cheapest way for me to go would cost me over $350.00. I then called ShopNBC and was told that there was nothing they could do because it didn't come out of their warehouse. When I mentioned that it was on their channel that I was told of the warrantee, I was informed that they just repeat what they are told. They will never see one penny of my business again.

I found a reliable local repair dealer that is willing to fix it (cheaper than shipping it) but tells me he needs a power supply. He has made numerous calls to California and has been told on every ocassion that he would get a return call. Needless to say, that never happened. He even wanted to enquire about becoming a service rep. for them (he reps. for at least 10 manufacturers).

Again, no return calls. I then tried to find out info on purchasing parts. I not only hung up with no info, I didn't understand half of what he did say (he needs to learn english). If anybody hears of a class action suit, tell me so I can climb aboard.

Lindydrive
Mastic, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2007 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protron-DBA-SpectronIQ/Ontario-California-91761/Protron-DBA-SpectronIQ-I-bought-this-42-turkey-from-ShopNBC-What-a-mistake-Ontario-C-264385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protron DBA SpectronIQ