Complaint Review: Protron Digital Corp/SpectronicIQ/ShopNBC

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2007

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Protron Digital Corp/SpectronicIQ/ShopNBC
2850 E Cedar Street Ontario, California U.S.A.

Protron Digital Corp/SpectronicIQ/ShopNBC ***BUYER BEWARE **BUYER BEWARE*** RIPOFF Ontario California

I bought a 42 inch ProtronLCD TV in August 2006 from ShopNBC for 1799.00.

I worked for 8 months, until one day it just went through a rebooting process of different colors when ever it was turned on. I called ShopNBC, they assume no responsibility after 30 days. I then called Protron and it has been a nightmare since. I had to ship the TV back to Ontario California at my own expense via a freight company. 334.00 for a 5 hour deive from Las Vegas to Ontario Cal. I should have driven it there myself! Be warned...you will not find anyone to supply you with a shipping box to fit that 42 inch LCD TV, do not ever throw away the original box. UPS will only ship in the original box ( for much cheaper than the freight co. will charge you.) That was lesson #1.

Next, the TV was received by the Protron Return Center on May 16,2007. About one week after the freight co. claimed that Protron had received the TV, I called to verify and was told, yes the TV was at the Return center and that I could expect my new TV on or about June 14, 2007 and to call back a few days prior for a tracking number. Called back around June 10th and was told it would be another two weeks, call back. Called back in two weeks and was told it would be another two to three weeks, call back. Called back in tow weeks and was given the same story. I demanded the name of a Supervisor and was told they are all in a meeting, call back tomorrow. Called the next day...there is NO Supervisor. Demanded the phone number of Protron/ Spectronic corporate office and was told they are not authorized to give out that information! Finally I was told the TV was out of stock and on back order and to call again in two to three weeks. It is now August and NO TV! In frustration, I called our local TV News consumer hotline. They put in a call and were told that my TV would be shipped out on August 8th and that I could call back for a tracking number at that time. Called back today, August 10th. BIG SURPRISE, the TV is still on back order and I am told to call back in a week to ten days. Every time I call I get a Pakistani guy with an english sounding name. It's a different name everytime, but sounds like the same guy. I even asked him if he was located in Ontario Cal, he said yes. (RIIIIGHT)

DO NOY BUY A TV FROM THESE PEOPLE! It is a piece of junk to begin with and once you send it back at your own expense, you are at their mercy! I fear I may never see my TV again or my 1799.00. By the was, SHOPNBC had the SpectronicIQ version of the TV for 1299.00 right after my 6 month easy pay payments ended. RIP-OFF DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! Go to the SuperStore and buy a known brand and drive it home yourself! Is something goes wrong, they'll replace it the same day. Don't make the same mistake I did. I am now watching a 1991 vintage 27 inch tube tv in my guest room!

Suz
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2007 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protron-Digital-CorpSpectronicIQShopNBC/Ontario-California-91761/Protron-Digital-CorpSpectronicIQShopNBC-BUYER-BEWARE-BUYER-BEWARE-RIPOFF-Ontario-266688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protron Digital Corp/SpectronicIQ/ShopNBC

noticed