milk

• Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: Diana — United States of America
Provena
2250 W Algonquin Rd # 108 Lake in the Hills, Illinois United States of America

Provena Extra charges not mentioned at payment, no notices sent before collections got involved Lake in the Hills, Illinois

On 09/02/011, I went in to get a rash on my leg looked at. I waited maybe 20 minutes to see a doctor Shah. He looked at my rash and prescribed me BENADRYLL, CALADRYL lotion, and some kind of oral steroids to help with the rash. Before leaving, I stopped to pay with a credit card because I did not have health insurance. I paid $150 exactly and got a receipt. End of story.

Or so I thought.

On November 21,2011, I got a collections letter stating that I owed $320 to this hospital. This is the first contact that I've gotten from these people. I have checked my phone log once, twice, thrice and do not see a single phone call from them or from any unknown number.

Want to know what the $320 bill was for?

The "doctor's fee". Really? Dr. Shah, do you think your time is that valuable? Especially since all you did was basically "prescribe" me medicine I do not need prescriptions for? You didn't even HELP with the rash. A few days after my visit to Provena, I went to a better doctor in Elgin at Signature Medical Center. He actually TALKED TO ME about what could have caused the rash and narrowed it down to fabric softener. I stopped using fabric softener and the rash went away.

I was NOT told by the girl at the desk that I would be billed separately for the doctor. What in the world was the $150 for? Do I really have to pay this quack $320 for prescribing me benadryll? You know what? I wouldn't have cared if someone had billed me for this all at once or had notified me that I had to pay once more. I am angry because I was in the dark about it until Provena handed me over to collections.

Nowhere on the receipt and at no time during my visit to Provena was I told that I would be billed twice. I am in utter disbelief at this place. I am waiting to be contacted by the billing department at Provena but in the meantime I will do everything I can to alert the public about this horrible place.

I have never had a bad experience at a doctor's office until Provena. You all seem incompetent and dishonest and I wish you had been more informative. Now I have to go through the headache of repairing this damage done to my credit during Thanksgiving week. Be sure that I will not let this go for a long time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2011 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provena/Lake-in-the-Hills-Illinois-/Provena-Extra-charges-not-mentioned-at-payment-no-notices-sent-before-collections-got-in-800634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provena