Complaint Review: Providan Bancorp - unifund Ccr Partners

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2007

• Reported By:rocky mount North Carolina
Providan Bancorp - unifund Ccr Partners
10625 Techwoods Circle Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providan Bancorp - unifund Ccr Partners rip off artists to poor people Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: I don't think they can take your personal items

*Consumer Comment: re

I took out a credit card to improve my credit rating. They charged me outragious fees just to open the account with yearly fees and high interest rates. i paid on time and seemed to being doing alright. all of a sudden, the rates went up and extra charges were put on my account. they kept going up and soon, i wasnt able to pay the monthly payment. i called and they said there wasnt anything i could do but pay it. they gave me no option but not to pay them at all. after several years, they put a judgement against me and want my personal property to repay this debt. the debt started out at $2000 and now is at $6245. I cannot pay this. I may lose my vehicles, furnitue or other personal possessions if i cannot come up with this amount. I have 2 days to pay or else. I am a single grandmother raising a child and live on 1 income to support us. It is very difficullt as it is, alone trying to pay this outragious amount. who is getting rich here? they will not or would not work with me at all on this debt. I believe this credit card company if a rip off to all that receive it.

Karen
Rocky Mount, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 04:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providan-Bancorp-unifund-Ccr-Partners/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Providan-Bancorp-unifund-Ccr-Partners-rip-off-artists-to-poor-people-Cincinnati-Ohio-278738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providan Bancorp - unifund Ccr Partners

I don't think they can take your personal items

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

You stated they have a judgment against you, but that doesn't mean they can take your cars, furniture, jewelry, etc. They can put a lien against your house (but not force you to sell it) and they can try to garnish your wages (need a court order, but some collection agencies are getting around this somehow). Unless a judge orders that they can take your personal property, they can't just come over and get it. I don't know of any state that allows a judge to order your property to be taken over a credit card debt.

If they told you this over the phone, that is their scare tactics. Don't freak out. Search the internet and read the FCRA and the FDCPA rules. You may also want to buy a tape recorder and tape their next phone call (be careful, each State has different rules on this).

Hopefully you get more info from other posters.

re

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Karen,
Contact your local Red Cross or Salvation Army for referrals to free legal aide in your area. They may be able to provide assistance.