Complaint Review: Provident Bank Of Maryland

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:baltimore Maryland
Provident Bank Of Maryland
www.provbank.com Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone: 410-
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Provident Bank Of Maryland gouging, liars Baltimore Maryland

i was a victim of identity theift and money was taken from my account on a friday. we used our bank card all weekend like we always do on groceries, etc. on tuesday i check my online ledger and see that my account is at negative 1307.00.

they let us charge all weekend and when it was all said and done totaled (21) 34.00 fees resulting in the above total. contacted the bank and they took off a total of 16 of the 34.00 fees. after our direct deposits went in the account the next week we stood at negative 14.00 with no money to get through the week. i called the bank again and requested a freeze or closure of the account ,only to be told that it could not be closed until the account was at zero.

the very next day they slapped on three more fees two 5.00 fees and one 6.00 fee. now it is in collection at a grand total of 247.24. my bank number was still being used by someone else, my two cards were cut up. this bank refused all of my requests, and is now trying to make me pay for somthing i did not create.

baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provident-Bank-Of-Maryland/Baltimore-Maryland-21236/Provident-Bank-Of-Maryland-gouging-liars-Baltimore-Maryland-352526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provident Bank Of Maryland