Complaint Review: Provident Funding Santa Rosa

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: terry — redwood city California United States of America
Provident Funding Santa Rosa

Provident Funding Santa Rosa attempting to charge excess fees and caught Internet

I received a notice from Provident Funding stating I had insufficient funds in my bankaccount to cover my mortgage and were charging additional fees. I immediately went to my bank to seeif my bank had made an error as I know I always have enough money in my account to cover my bills.

Sure enough, plenty of money and no sign of Provident Funding trying to process the check. I sat in the managers office and we called Provident Funding and spoke to Steve.We bothspoke to Steve and Ilet him know how unhappy I was and he adamantly stated "Nobody at Provident did anything wrong".

Three days later Steve calls and leaves a message at my home saying verbatum "We found your check and apparently it was damaged so we will waive the extra fees and can you make a phone payment".

I immediately called Provident Funding but Steve would not speak to me. I spoke to a woman and asked ifit was standard procedure to charge the client extras when they can't read a check. She said all fees are being waived, would you like to make a phone payment.

Now I'm upset again, Iasked her to stop dancing around the issue and Iaskedto speak to a supervisor. I got Steves recording. I left a message to call me and explain why they automatically charge a fee for something they can't read.

Nothing for a whole week. Now I get calls regarding no payment received and why.

Steve(spineless) won't call and admit they did something wrong, bordering on illegal. I just want them to admit they did wrong and by the way, there was never an apology in any of my coversations.

Whatever happened to owning up to your mistakes. Steve I'd fire you if you were my employee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provident-Funding-Santa-Rosa/internet/Provident-Funding-Santa-Rosa-attempting-to-charge-excess-fees-and-caught-Internet-684542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provident Funding Santa Rosa