• Report: #101962

• Submitted: Tue, August 03, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 03, 2004

• Reported By:Chagrin Falls Ohio
Provident Funding
1633 Bayshore Highway, Suite 145 Burlingame, California U.S.A.

Provident Funding - Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Foreclousre Ripoff happy mortgage company Burlingame California

I always made my house payment on time for three years with Provident Funding. After losing my job I fell behind one payment. After securing my new job I made a promise to pay two payments on a certain date in order to catch up. Despite this promise they threw me into foreclosure with one day advance warning. They were very unhelpful and unwilling to understand my situation.
Two weeks after going into foreclosure I paid this rip off company $2500 extra to cover their lawyers fees. Because of this company I now sit with a public record, ruined credit, and probably no chance at refinancing my house.

Do yourself a favor before taking a mortgage out with this company--Shop around!! If you are going through a broker make sure you ask if they are going to go with Provident Funding. If they say yes---then demand another company.

Thank you Rip-Off Report for allowing me to warn other consumers about doing business with Provident Funding. What a Rip-Off!!!

Fred
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2004 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provident-Funding/Burlingame-California/Provident-Funding-Mortgage-Electronic-Registration-Systems-Foreclousre-Ripoff-happy-mort-101962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provident Funding