Complaint Review: Provident Funding

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2008

• Reported By:Shipshewana Indiana
Provident Funding
providentfunding.com/ Santa Rosa, Et Al, California U.S.A.

Provident Funding Escrow game--is it a scam? Santa Rosa, Et Al California

We refininanced our mortgage in 2006 through Quicken loan, given Quicken did mess up some of the information, but Provident was the one who refused to deal with the issues. Our loan was sold to Provident funding to start Jan. 1. 2007. Our insurance company Auto Owners sells insurance in 6 month packages. You may not purchase a full year at a time(I tried, they sent the money back). Provident did not pay the insurance in February. I figured that they had just forgotten it due to the recent switch of the mortgage. I paid it plus the excess charge due to it being late.

In late July they contacted me regarding the insurance and I had my Insurance Agent send them the information about it. In August I got a notice that my insurance was to be cancelled due to nonpayment. I contacted Provident at that time and they said that they didn't have enough money to pay it. Asking where the money went, they said that they paid the Spring and Fall property taxes and didn't have enough money to pay the insurance. They'd get it next time.

I had to file a BBB claim to get out of the escrow acount. Then this spring I find out that they didn't pay the fall taxes just the spring.

Now they keep converting my mortgage payments into a holding account because I cannot prove that I have a full year of insurance, since my insurance company doesn't write policies for a year in length.

They also keep trying to stick me with $1300 six month low quality insurance since I can't prove 12 months of insurance and they will not service insurance that only writes 6 month policies.

They have put my home in jeopardy 3 times and are now trying to ruin my credit and suck as much money out of me as possible.

Is this some kind of scam to get my insurance cancelled and have to deal with theirs? They sure weren't worried whether or not I had insurance when they had an escrow account, now they are just absolutely worried sick about it.

Shipshewana, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provident-Funding/Santa-Rosa-Et-Al-California/Provident-Funding-Escrow-game-is-it-a-scam-Santa-Rosa-Et-Al-California-357360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provident Funding