Complaint Review: Provider Services

• Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:Clarksville Tennessee
Provider Services
, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Provider Services Medical Bills from local hospital for 14 MONTH OLD!!! UNK Pennsylvania

My wife's cell phone has been ringing off the hook with an unknown caller in which she will not answer. Finally one night I decided to take the call and low and behold its what sounded to me to be an African Male with very very bad english skills.

The person asked for my 14 Month old son and said he had a medical bill in collections from a local hospital in my town. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor and he then got nervous and was grabbing at things to say to prolong the conversation. I continued to ask for the supervisor until he said he is busy with another customer, I told him that I would wait.

I went on to ask this person exactly who he was he said his name was John, which I am sure is a fake name, and that he worked for Provider Services and is in Pennsylvania and that it was a bill collection agency for medical services. I have received bills from this local hospital before and their billing agency has never come up from Pennsylvania.

This person went on to say he had some of MY SON's information about a certain bank note and a car note, which I can only assume is made up since he could not provide details. Finally, I asked to speak to a supervisor once more and he said he was still busy and that If I wanted I could call back @ 1 800 355 2470 which turns out is an actual business but I called back right after the phone call and Yes it was Provider Services however their office was closed. I was given an account # and I will call back tomorrow along with the hospital to find out exactly but, given my field of education I am sure this is a scam.

Tom
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provider-Services/Pennsylvania/Provider-Services-Medical-Bills-from-local-hospital-for-14-MONTH-OLD-UNK-Pennsylvania-439670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provider Services