Complaint Review: Providian Bank, Providian National Bank Tilton, NH, Providian

• Submitted: Sun, December 26, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, December 26, 2004

• Reported By:Groveland Massachusetts
Providian Bank, Providian National Bank Tilton, NH, Providian
P.O. Box 660433 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Providian National Bank Tilton I had no satisfaction. New Hampshire

Payment due date on my account was 11/03/04. I made an electronic payment on 10/29/04. Providian did not credit my account until 11/05/04. They charged me a $35 late fee, etc. After calling Customer Service and being on hold for a long time, I was transferred and disconnected. Several more calls and hours later I had no satisfaction.

I had to get separate electrontic documentation from both the online pay service and from my bank, and snail mail it to Providian before they reversed the charge. After a couple of hours of my valuable time (a visit to my local bank to have documentation printed out, and a trip to the post office) I eventually got a refund of the $35 fee.

However in the meantime, I was charged daily interest for the $35 dollar late charge (which goes into the "finance charge" category), and when I called customer service requesting that the finance charge amount be credited to my account, I was told by customer service that it would "only be a few pennies." I let it go, but when I think about it, if they do this to a lot a customers, then the combination of customers who missed the overcharge of the late fee, and the interest on the the "mere pennies" could add up to a substantial sum.

Chloe
Newburyport, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2004 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Bank-Providian-National-Bank-Tilton-NH-Providian/Dallas-Texas-75266-0433/Providian-National-Bank-Tilton-I-had-no-satisfaction-New-Hampshire-124407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Bank, Providian National Bank Tilton, NH, Providian