Complaint Review: Providian Bank

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 18, 2005

• Reported By:BRONX NY
Providian Bank
PO BOX 660433 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-779-7993
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providian Bank Ripoff Dallas Texas

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Ella Gershman. On May 26, 2005 I received a call from a Providian Bank representative and she informed me that I'm one payment behind on my Providian' credit card. I told her that I never received a statement and she replied that I can correct this situation by paying with my credit card (for a $15.00 fee or free of charge using the Providian Web Site). I tried the second option, but my payment was rejected. After a few attempts I gave-up and paid the bill using Citibank Direct Access electronic payment (below is the snapshot of this transaction)

sign off help open account contact us search privacy citi.com
HOME | ACCOUNTS | PAYMENTS | TRANSFERS | INVESTMENTS | ACCOUNT SERVICING
See Past Payments print
Here are the details for the past payment you selected:
Payee: PROVIDI4227
Amount: $ 220.00 (Paid electronically)
Payment Date: 05-27-2005
Future Payments
Payment History
Add a Payee
Payee List

The next month, when I received my statement from Providian bank I notice that the interest rate was raised. If you check my payment history, you will see that I have a perfect payment record. Furthermore, I received a letter telling me that my credit line has been increased..

I see this act by Providian bank as nothing less than an attempt to extort more money.

Sincerely,
Ella
BRONX, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2005 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Bank/Dallas-Texas-75266-0433/Providian-Bank-Ripoff-Dallas-Texas-150245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Bank