Complaint Review: Providian Bank

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:Massillon Ohio
Providian Bank
P.O. Box 660509 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Providian Bank ripoff Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Providian Bank ripoff

Years (1998) ago I had a credit card with Providian Bank. I paid $200.00 for the card, when I applied for the card. Over months they kept adding fees on my card. For Insurance, for this, for that, so I cut the card in half years ago and sent it back and canceled my account, the card was paid. As far as I knew I had no balance left on the card. Ten years later I start getting phone calls from a collector (MIC Midland?) asking for me to pay the balance. I've told this collector agency, Midland, that I would like to dispute this. That I refuse to pay anything. This collector agency says "oh well we will call you everday till you pay this". They've been calling me since September. My phone rings faithfully every day between noon and 2pm. I'm at ends on what I can do about this company that keeps calling me, claiming that I owe $580.00 to them. I've asked midland for some kind of statement or somthing that I could look at to see where they are getting their information. I have recieved nothing from them. To be honest I can't even remeber ever using the Providian Card for any kind of purchases, mostly they would just add on some kind of charges for different things on their own. That's about all I remember of this bill.

Melinda
Massillon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Bank/Dallas-Texas-75266/Providian-Bank-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-128015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Bank

Providian Bank ripoff

AUTHOR: Melinda - (U.S.A.)

correction: date of years ago is 1989