Complaint Review: Providian Bank

• Submitted: Tue, July 30, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 30, 2002

• Reported By:Mililani hi
Providian Bank
http://www.providian.com/index.htm Tilton, New Hampshire U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-647-8641
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providian Bank (aka) Providian National Bank Harassment and Fraudulent Claims Tilton New Hampshire

One of their representatives contacted me via phone asking if I wanted one of their credit cards. I said they could send me information that stated terms of the card. The rep then verified my address. Instead of info, THEY SENT CREDIT CARDS!!

They next kept mailing me statements on my "account." I received about three phone calls over the next few months wanting to know if I received the cards and why hadn't I activated them yet. I explained to the person on the phone that I didn't have an account with them, nor did I want one due to their obvious pressure tactics.

Eventually they stopped calling, and mailing fraudulent "account statements", but I still get their credit card applications in the mail. My greatest concern is that anyone intercepting my mail could have activated those credit cards, and I have little doubt that I would have then been harassed for attempts to collect the money charged to my FRAUDULENT ACCOUNT!!

Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2002 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Bank/Tilton-New-Hampshire/Providian-Bank-aka-Providian-National-Bank-Harassment-and-Fraudulent-Claims-Tilton-New-H-25690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Bank