Complaint Review: Providian - Emerge Credit Card

• Reported By:midland Texas
Providian - Emerge Credit Card
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian - emerge Credit Card ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I too have had an experience with emerge. I too had a providian credit card that was in very good standing. I went to vegas for a few days and when I went to check out my card was no good. Providian/Emerge closed it and the remaining credit line out without notifing me either.

I have had nothing but trouble with them, double billing, delayed payment posting, additional fee's. I have called and spoken to representatives who are useless. They have called me at my job although told never to do that again, they have ignored that request.

Finally I spoke to a supervisor and I asked why my account had been cancelled. She agreed payments were made always on time, however emerge did a profile on females in certain zip codes and all the accounts that were near their credit limits were cancelled.

I almost fell over. She said that was the policy. Now I find out that when you dial the 800/866 number although in the United States the headquater's is in India. Sixty minutes was to do a piece on emerge and other companies but the piece had been pullled. I called emerge back a confronted the representative and was told she could not dicuss it. I have contacted the bbb to file a complaint and found that there were hundreds of such complaints. cindy in west texas

Cynthia
midland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2004 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Emerge-Credit-Card/Atlanta-Georgia/Providian-emerge-Credit-Card-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-76834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian - Emerge Credit Card