Complaint Review: Providian - Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2004

• Reported By:Cambridge Maryland
Providian - Emerge Mastercard
P.O. Box 23034 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian Emerge Mastercard ripoff Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Is it really a Rip-off, there is only one way to fight the system. By paying the card off early.

*Consumer Comment: EMERGE DID NOTHING WRONG

I had a Classic Visa Providian credit card with a great credit limit and it was my very first credit card. All of a sudden, I get this letter that my credit card account had been sold to Emerge. They said that the conditions would be the same with them as they were with Providian. They were not, I get a statement every month saying that I owe this amount that I owed Providian. I was never given a credit card either. I am concerned about my credit and have been paying it faithfully every month. As of today, I will not make anymore payments. If this account is to be paid on, or paid off, then Providian needs to buy the account back. I owe the money to Providian and not to Emerge. Emerge will get NO MORE PAYMENTS FROM ME!

Sallie
Cambridge, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2004 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5655/Providian-Emerge-Mastercard-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-77118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian - Emerge Mastercard

AUTHOR: Brett - (U.S.A.)

I too have had a getsmart card. I believe I was late on one payment and I was also transferred to the Emerge Mastercard. I was upset at the time since I did not receive any information and was transferred for apparently no reason. I called customer service and they told me it was in the original card holder agreement. I am sure it was otherwise there would be some sort of lawsuit already. I did not activete the Emerge card and in fact called customer service to cancel the card. I too carried a balance, but did not see any extra fees associated with the card. I believe the people that are complaining about the fees are the ones that paid the card late after being transferred. I have since paid my card in full and have activated a different card with a lower rate and no annual fee.

I would suggest to anyone that not paying the balance is not the answer and that there is only one way to fight the system. By paying the card off early. The card company makes money by late fees and interest. If you pay it off early they do not get your money. Ruining your credit does not send a statement to them, they could care less.

EMERGE DID NOTHING WRONG

AUTHOR: RON - (U.S.A.)

All these reports about Emerge doing illeagal things and ripping people off are blown out of proportion. If half or even a quarter of what is written is true, then someone, somewhere would have filed a lawsuit or at least some district attorney would have filed an injunction. If what is reported is true, then it would seem that there would be more then enough evidence to stop Emerge or Providian. There is not even a respectable media article written on their practices. So all you see are disgruntled folks who just want to vent.

Please prove me wrong, but I doubt that you can.