Complaint Review: Providian Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2003

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Providian Emerge Mastercard
PO Box 105653 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian Emerge Mastercard Ripoff Liars & Cheats ripoff artists These creeps continually charge me over limit fees Atlanta Georgia

When Emerge took over the account, it switched from Visa to Mastercard so I cancelled the account. Frankly, I just wanted a Visa. My interest rate skyrocketed! In Addition, while still Providian, I was offered a special credit increase program. It virtually doubled my limit. I've never charged more than $500 total on this card.

Now, these creeps continually charge me over limit fees (because of course they reduced my line of credit right away), late fees, and really high APR.

Last December, I spoke with Customer service (what a frekin' joke) and the guy told me if I made a $300, they would consider a settlement. He wasn't sure how much but said somewhere around 50-60% I made the payment and when I called to firm up the deal, they had no record of that conversation and said they didn't have the authority to do so. Fine, so they lied it happens.

Then they start the phone calls. I wrote them a letter of offer for a settlement, which they flatly refused. In the letter I asked any further communication to be done in writing and explained to them that they are a bunch of liars and I can't trust them.

Now they offer this program of 0% and no over limit fees for 6 months, but I have to accept it while on the phone. When I requested this offer in writing, they said it would take too long to get it to me and the program wouldn't be available then. I asked them to fax a copy of the letter for my files which would then allow me to receive that day. He said they were'nt going to put anything in writing and I could either trust him and sign up or they would send me to collection. I told him no and he hung up on me which, by the way, they are very fond of doing.

God, I can't stand this company!

Frederick
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2003 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Providian-Emerge-Mastercard-Ripoff-Liars-Cheats-ripoff-artists-These-creeps-continually-59711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Emerge Mastercard