Complaint Review: Providian - Emerge

• Submitted: Tue, December 09, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2003

• Reported By:Bayfield Colorado
Providian - Emerge
P.O. Box 105667 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian - Emerge ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I had a Providian account with a $300 credit line. I made a $400 payment (Providian's fees put me over-the-limit). The very same day I received a letter from Providian stating my account had been closed. It was later sold to Emerge. Since Emerge has taken over this account I have asked to speak to customer service regarding the overlimit fees. (This has been for over 6 months)( I have filed a dispute and have received no reply).

All I have received from Emerge is harrassing phone calls trying to collect but not offering to help. I was put on a pay-away program... WHAT A JOKE. I set up three over-the-phone payments and the charges didn't stop. This $300 credit line which has taken on a life of it's own is now $1,046. I have offered to pay the $300 (I never charged this account over the limit). They will settle it for $700.

I'm sure the interest rate is at it's highest possible. I have stopped paying this account in hopes that they will look at their notes from their phone calls and realize I have been trying to work with them. I DOUBT THEY WILL.

Debbie
Bayfield, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2003 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Emerge/Atlanta-Georgia-30438-5667/Providian-Emerge-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-74585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian - Emerge