Complaint Review: Providian, MRC Receivables

• Submitted: Wed, March 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:Lake George New York
Providian, MRC Receivables
New York, New York U.S.A.

Providian, MRC Receivables had my credit report pulled found three items from different collection agencies collecting for Providian for a total of $5,735.00 claim I opened a credit card account and charged $1,000.00 the rest is interest. New York

After pulling my credit report I was alarmed to discover that Providian and MRC Receivable is claiming I owe them $5,735.00. They sold my account to other collection agengies three of which were reporting to the credit bureau. I got stuck paying $1,345.00 to settle the matter and remove it from my credit report. However, I know I did not open this account or spend this money.

I called Providian and was treated very badly, she would not tell me her name or even when this account was opened. She did give me the number for MRC Receivable (a cell #(858)560-2600)-a dreadful woman answered, she was not able to give me any info either. When I asked to speak with a supervisor she screamed at me and hung up. I feel very stupid for allowing this to happen to me and I doubt I'll ever get my money back.

Petra
Lake George, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-MRC-Receivables/New-York-New-York/Providian-MRC-Receivables-had-my-credit-report-pulled-found-three-items-from-different-co-430800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian, MRC Receivables