Complaint Review: Providian Mastercard

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2004

• Reported By:Leland North Carolina
Providian Mastercard
P.O. Box 660433 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Providian Mastercard ripoff, fraudulent billing, outrageous interest rates Dallas Texas

I have a Gold masterCard with Providian.I have had the card for about 2 years.

In the 2 years I have had the card my interest rate has gone up.It is now 30%.

They have charged me late payment charges when I know they have received the payment on time. The last time they did that. I contacted the post office and asked them would it take 11 days for my payment to reach them. The Post Office assured me that it would not.

Last month Providian charged an over the limit charge of $35 to my account. I was not over the limit until they charged my account $59 annual fee.

I am closing my account with them.

I think the company is a Big Ripoff and their business practices are very underhanded. Crooks, so to speak.

Leland, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2004 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Mastercard/Dallas-Texas-75266-0433/Providian-Mastercard-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-outrageous-interest-rates-Dallas-Texas-81538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian Mastercard