assumption

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, July 12, 2003

• Reported By:28311 North Carolina
Providian National Bank - Aka Getsmart Visa Card
www.providian.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian National Bank - Aka Getsmart Visa Card closing or selling off accout for no reason to company with high APR 29.99% (was 18.99%) Atlanta Georgia

I opened a Providian aka Get Smart account in 2000. I used it more for my very small personal business and kept the account current. The Apr was 18.99%. I wished it was lower, but it was the best that I could find.

In 2002, I got a letter and a bill, about the same time, informing me that my account was being sold to Emerge and would be a Mastercard. I feel stupid, but my husband was in ICU at the time and was there for a month and nearly died, so I paid hardly any attention to the Apr going up until a couple of months later when tons of bills fell in my lap.

Jumping up to 29.99% does make a difference.

Katherine
28311, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2003 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank-Aka-Getsmart-Visa-Card/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5667/Providian-National-Bank-Aka-Getsmart-Visa-Card-closing-or-selling-off-accout-for-no-reas-63492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank - Aka Getsmart Visa Card