Complaint Review: Providian National Bank First Resolution Management Corp

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:Medina Ohio
Providian National Bank First Resolution Management Corp
Po Box 34000 Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Providian National Bank First Resolution Management Corp TRYING TO COLLECT A BALANCE CREDIT CARD FROM 2001 ORIGINAL CREDIT LIMIT OF $300 AND NOW WANTS OVER $2400 DOLLARS ALTHOUGH HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO MAKE PAYMENTS WITH INTEREST STOPPED. IT HAS NOT STOPPED AND CANNOT GET THE BALANCE DOWN EVEN THOUGH MAKING PAYMENTS. I HAVE NOW CEASED MAKING PAYMENTS UNTIL I CAN GET THIS RESOLVED Seattle Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Question

I openned a providian national bank credit card in desperation in 2001, something i will never do again. I now have no credit cards. i have lost my home, my car and have no credit. I have tried to make arrangements with FRMC and have made payments to them with the understanding that interest would stop. This was over the phone. I obviously have been lied too. They have repeatedly called and changed the due dates and since the payment was after the due date they claim it was late. They now want me to pay more money and using the us postal service is not good enough they want it sent western union at $12.95. I can't even afford the payment much less adding on another charge each payment.
They have threatened suit against me. I can't afford what they want. They want me to get someone to co-sign a loan for me to pay them. They keep saying they are giving me options but I will not work with them.
I am at a loss as to what to do

D
Medina, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank-First-Resolution-Management-Corp/Seattle-Washington-98124/Providian-National-Bank-First-Resolution-Management-Corp-TRYING-TO-COLLECT-A-BALANCE-CREDI-299229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank First Resolution Management Corp

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Question

AUTHOR: Orlosgirl - (Canada)

Did you keep up with your payments while on interest freeze? Did you make them on time? Did you pay the agreed amount? Some companies that offer interest freeze have a policy that if you are late on a payment or pay less than the agreed amount, all the interest you froze is applied right back on.

You most likely got a letter clearly outlining the terms and conditions of the interest freeze payment plan. The collector most likely clearly stated the terms and conditions to you at the time the payment plan was set up. They have to avoid being accused of giving false and misleading information.

Think really hard about that. If you didn't follow the terms and conditions of the payment plan, is FRMC really at fault?

Also, if First Resolution Investment Corp purchased the debt, then it will NOT be resolved with the original creditor. You will have to deal with FRMC.