Complaint Review: Providian National Bank - PayPal

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2005

• Reported By:Parlin New Jersey
Providian National Bank - PayPal
P.O.Box Tilton, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Providian/PayPalProvidian National Bank/PayPal Interest Rate ripoff Tilton New Hampshire

I guess I can join the list. I received a Platinum Visa card from Providian with an initial interest rate of 9.9%. I made 2 late payments to Providian in April and July 2004. I did not know they were late until months later because my bank statements showed them to be on time. According to Providian one was 2 days late and the other was 4 days late.

These payments were made electronically through my bank. Now 9 months later I am still paying a rate of 29.49% regardless of the fact that I have been on time with them and all my other creditors. They refuse to guarantee any upgrade (eg: lower interest rate) regardless of the fact that their own guidelines mention how to get an upgrade and I have fulfilled ALL of them. I cannot get any satisfaction from customer service on this. If there are any lawyers out there reading this, I would like to know what, if any, legal recourse I have (BBB, Consumer Affairs, other?).

All other major credit cards adjust your rate within 6 months if payments are on time. Not these guys. This is a royal scam and I will do all I can to pay off my balance and get away from these people.

Parlin, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2005 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank-PayPal/Tilton-New-Hampshire-03108/ProvidianPayPalProvidian-National-BankPayPal-Interest-Rate-ripoff-Tilton-New-Hampshire-139837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank - PayPal