Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Submitted: Sat, October 30, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 30, 2004

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Providian National Bank
1100 East Arbrook Avenue Arlington, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-647-8641
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providian National Bank ripoff Unsubstantiated APR Increases. Unfair appraisals of credit. Arlington Texas

I've had credit with this bank for quite some time. Recently I noticed that my credit had been increased from 12.99% to 29.09%. When I contacted the customer service team I was advised that they periodically review customer accounts and adjust the APR accordingly. I missed one payment, (actually it was sent 3 weeks late becasue I was hospitalized after an auto accident). I was told that despite the fact that I made regular payments, often in excess of the amount due that they would not readjust my APR.

When I offered to send doctors confirmation that I was unable to pay I was told that "There's nothing I can do, that's not my problem. You could have made arrangements to have a family member pay.". Note, I was in ICU on about 20 machines and paying some bank for $1200 in credit was the last thing on my mind. When I asked to speak to a manager I was mysteriously disconnected. When I called back and asked for a manager I was told that managers do not work in the customer service section and was forwarded to a man who was less helpful and more ridiculous than the telemarketer.

Beware using these people. They unfairly adjust credit to extreme APRs to make more money for themselves at YOUR expense.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2004 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Arlington-Texas-76014-3314/Providian-National-Bank-ripoff-Unsubstantiated-APR-Increases-Unfair-appraisals-of-credit-115397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank