Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Submitted: Sun, September 08, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, September 08, 2002

• Reported By:Virginia Beach VA
Providian National Bank
P.O. Box 99615 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Providian National Bank,Providian Visa, GetSmart Visa cancelled my card for no reason deceptive company Arlington Texas

Apparently, somewhere along the way, I agreed they could cancel my card at any time with no warning. I have been a customer witht hem for two years with no problems. A collection agency contacted me about a charge from nine years ago that we agreed was not mine. The collection agency told me i would never hear from them again. Now, my Visa is cancelled, even though i have no balance on the card and have had no problems with the company in the past because, I am assuming the collection agency put something on my credit report. I am not sure what they did is a rip off, but it is incredibly bad business in a customer orientated environment. After two years, I would consider myselft o be a good customer. They can have their card, but others need to know not to trust them and to read what you sign very carefully. You can do nothing wrong and get cancelled. As far as the collection agency, Iw ill deal with them.

Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2002 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Arlington-Texas-76096-9615/Providian-National-BankProvidian-Visa-GetSmart-Visa-cancelled-my-card-for-no-reason-dece-29390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank