Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Submitted: Fri, June 11, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 18, 2004

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Providian National Bank
www.ProvidianOnline.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Providian National Bank should be put out of business! I lost my job last year and they wouldn't work with me on paying the bill. Tilton, Dallas Texas, New Hampshire, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Zapped again... get a lawyer to get them off

*Consumer Comment: Providian has been outsourced to India

I lost my job last year and they wouldn't work with me on the amount that I could manage to pay. They have morons that I have talked to have an accent of those that live in India. Possible outsourcing?

They can't speak English all that great and they are hard to hear. And they can't get anything right either. I gave them my checking account number and they got it wrong of course and then I get a phone call saying that the check bounced. Well duh! They repeated the account number back to me and I said it was correct.

But they still got it wrong. No brains no pain! Let's put this company out of business!! They kept on adding late charges because I couldn't make the payment they wanted. They finally ruined my credit. These people suck!

Cheryl
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2004 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Dallas-Texas-75266-0509/Providian-National-Bank-should-be-put-out-of-business-I-lost-my-job-last-year-and-they-w-94527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Zapped again... get a lawyer to get them off

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

This morning I got another call from Providian saying that the money I gave them permission to take out of my checking account had bounced. I can't help it if they can't get anything right. I gave them the correct number the first time and they said it back. It was correct but somehow some jerk changed the last number of the account number and the check bounced.

They called me about this and I told them that they had the wrong account number. I got that fixed and the check went though. Now they say that the check bounced and that I had to have another $200.00 in to them by the 28th of June. I asked the guy if they ever got anything right around there. No answer. They don't know what they are doing period. I am going to have to get a lawyer to get them off my back.

This hurts because I am on a fixed income.

Providian customer service has indeed been outsourced to New Delhi, India.

If you call their 800 customer service line, or even if you are calling to authenticate your new, or replacement, credit card, and you go beyond their automated, computerized, call center, you will re-routed to the New Dehli, India, center.

Personally, I am a bit leery of this... if you divulge any personal information outside of the U.S.A., you are no longer protected by the laws and policies which regulate the U.S.A. businesses as far as being able to have recourse back to the company if any of your personal information is later used against you by someone in India.

The reason I know the call center has been outsourced: today I had to call to authenticate my replacement card, and I noticed the service agent had an accent. I jokingly mentioned that I thought we were in different time zones, and that I hoped they weren't working too late. He divulged to me the city where he was working--New Dehli, and we talked a bit about the time zone changes, weather, and other chit-chat. He was quite friendly to me (probably because I was quite friendly to him from the beginning) and offered up the extent of the outsourcing of all of the customer service operations to India.