Mayor

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Decatur Illinois
Providian National Bank
Po Box 9539 Manchester, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Providian National Bank Providian doesn't honor insurance that covers payments in the event of illness Manchester New Hampshire

Several years ago I had a Providian account and purchased their health and accident insurance that covers your payments due to illness or injury. I ended up with an illness that required me to miss a couple of months work. I reported my condition to Providan and my the insurance I purchased through them. It paid one month and renegged on any payments owed to me after that.

In the meantime, I attempted to communicate with them about the insurance dispute but continued to make my usual monthly payment online. My payments were always much larger than required and were usually early. I thought I had an excellent credit history with them at the time.

I entered the wrong amount when I made my last payment to them online. I attempted to withdraw it in order to pay a larger amount. I was immediately locked out of my account in the process of correcting my payment. At this point in time I entered a dispute with Providian to no avail because communications were extremely poor. The insurance I purchased did not cover me for the amount of time it was supposed to. It wasn't long until I was getting dogged for the full 3,000 balance I owed them. I gave up fighting with them and included them in a bankruptcy but they still appear on my credit report as a debt against me and they increased the amount that I originally owed them to make matters appear worse.

4chihuahuas
Decatur, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Manchester-New-Hampshire-03108-9539/Providian-National-Bank-Providian-doesnt-honor-insurance-that-covers-payments-in-the-even-340563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank