Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2009

• Reported By:Conroe Texas
Providian National Bank
5996 W Touhy Ave (Collection Agency) Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Providian National Bank "FRAUD" Niles Illinois

My husband received two letters from a collection company yesterday. Both were from the same Original Creditor (Providian National Bank) with two different account numbers with two different Balances. One for $9,388.79 and the other for $8,979.67. We have never received anything letters from this company before or any collection letters regarding these accounts. We do not know who this company is. I (not my husband) had a Providan Credit card with a line of credit of only $500.00. I stopped paying on this card back in December of '2003. We have been cleaning up our credit for the past two years and now we received these collection letters from this company that we have NO IDEA of what this is for. "This is FRAUD" Can someone please tell me what I need to do to find out who this company (Providian National Bank) is and how my husband all of a sudden owes them for two different accounts that were NEVER OPENED. This has never been on our credit reports before, nor have we ever received any letters from Providian National Bank, nor have we received any collection letters regarding these two accounts, nor has my husband ever had dealings with PROVIDIAN NATIONAL BANK. "HELP" This is $18,368.46 dollars that they are claiming we owe them and we DONT KNOW WHO THIS COMPANY IS.

Tammy in Texas
Conroe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Niles-Illinois-60714/Providian-National-Bank-FRAUD-Niles-Illinois-428226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank