Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Submitted: Sun, September 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, October 01, 2005

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Providian National Bank
PO Box 9177 Pleasanton, California U.S.A.

Providian National Bank ripoff, fraud, idiots, don't know what they're doing, morons Pleasanton California

*Consumer Suggestion: Providian Morons

*Consumer Suggestion: Be glad they closed your account.

I used to have a Providian account and everytime I mailed a payment well in advance of my due date, my payments were always posted late. I incurred late fees and over the account balance charges. After calling and writing Providian (certified receipt), the problem was never solved. Providian never responded to my certified letters. I sent my cut up card back to Providian and included a check of what I knew what I owed, not what Providian wanted me to pay them. I did receive a letter that they was closing my account and asked me to return the card. They got the card. Every now and then I would receive a bill asking me to pay some balance I did not owe and then later on I would receive a letter and a statement saying that it was sent in error.

Seven months ago, I received a letter asking me why I have not been using my credit card. DUH!!! I called them and spoke to a foreigner that did not understand one word of English. I asked for a supervisor and he said, no.

I hung up and called back and I got a slightly more intelligent CSR. I explained the situation to them and I still had difficulty explaining to the idiot, that I did not have a card and I hadn't had a card for several yearsand that it was returned. I was asked, why don't you use your card. I said "Idiot, what part of the English language don't you understand?" I told you that I don't have a card and that I returned the card back to you five years ago.

Still couldn't get thru to that moron. I wrote Providian a letter asking them to leave me alone and to hire people who were capable of getting a GED.

Last week, I received a letter from John C. Green, Vice President, telling me that they were closing my account because I have not used my card in seven consecutive months.

DUH! I hae filed a complaint against Providian with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency as they're required by law.

What a bunch of morons.

Joyce
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2005 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Pleasanton-California-94566-9177/Providian-National-Bank-ripoff-fraud-idiots-dont-know-what-theyre-doing-morons-Pleas-157495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Providian Morons

AUTHOR: Beverly - (U.S.A.)

I have filed a complaint with the CA attorney general's office and asked for a systemic investigation.

This should get something going. I don't want their card.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Be glad they closed your account.

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

Joyce, be glad they closed your account. At least now you are rid of them. Just be sure to check your credit report in a few months to be sure they don't report your card as being 'closed by credit grantor'. That takes points of your FICO.