Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

• Reported By:Milwaukie or
Providian National Bank
Pleasentown, California U.S.A.

Providian National Bank

I have had a very difficult time getting Providian National Bank to accurately report the date of a payoff, thus leaving me with a scar on my credit report. Whenever I have called them, I am left on hold forever, and am always told that a "supervisor" has been alerted and my account will be "reaged". This began 3/99, and still has not been completed. Each time I call they say the previous person ordered it and I need to wait another month or so while the reaging takes place. However, in this day and age of credit scores, these dings bring down my score, thus placing the possibility of denied credit from other vendors. What happened is they lost my payment for a period of 30+ days, and then put it on my credit report that I did not pay it in a timely manner. I have gone to the website that someone started against Providian National Bank, and the complaints are astounding. I have filed a formal complaint with the O.C.C. and suggest you do the same if you want ANY action. They can be reached at 800-613-6743. Also, I suggest you call the Better Business Bureau in San Fransisco to file a formal complaint also. Don't let them put you off - get action now if you have not been satisfied completely. Good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Pleasentown-California/Providian-National-Bank-1112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank