Complaint Review: Providian, Washington Mutual Bank

• Submitted: Sat, February 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, February 05, 2006

• Reported By:Horsham Pennsylvania
Providian, Washington Mutual Bank
Po Box 660509 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Providian, Washington Mutual Bank bait and switch tactics Ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Try This

Providian or Washington Mutual Bank Credit Cards, offer attractive no interest balance transfer offers. However they do not provide the service that is contracted. They not only charge a transfer fee, but change the policy in mid stream by sending you an inoccuouse letter that has print too small to be seen. They then stop sending you bills and start charging you interest. This happened to me and I never missed a payment or never was late and always paid more that the minimum due.

Do not do business with this disreputable company. They are predators and cannot be trusted.

Michael
Horsham, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2006 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-Washington-Mutual-Bank/Dallas-Texas-75266/Providian-Washington-Mutual-Bank-bait-and-switch-tactics-Ripoff-Dallas-Texas-174734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian, Washington Mutual Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I had a credit card company who was "iffy" about sending me statements. I keep a pretty close eye on what I owe, who I owe and when a payment is due, but it is inconvenient for me to not have paper statements. I called the credit card company and informed them since I have my own businesses and work with several not for profit agencies, the IRS will demand statements if I am ever audited. I assured them I would let the IRS know they were not sending me statements. I haven't missed a statement since.

#2 Consumer Suggestion