Bobbie

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, June 30, 2002

• Reported By:Topeka KS
Providian
P.O. box 99604 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Providian ripoff slow prossessing Arlington Texas

*Consumer Comment: Very intersting

I put Providian and two other credit cards into debt consolidation. The other two recieved the praposals and promtly replied, providian however claimed to have never recieved the praposal. They have been calling every other day demanding payment. On March 18 my wife talked to them for two hours and after being told that they had not recieved the praposal, which had been mail once and faxed twice, she was finaly told that it was being thrown away because it was addressed to providian and not First Select,providians collection department. I spoke first select yesturday and was told to have it re faxed. Today I recieved a call from them demanding payment. I was informed that they had recieved the praposal on march 13 but that it had not been approved yet. I was also informed that they have been recieving payments from my consolidation company. They have included things in letters from them such as if we do not pay they will report it to the credit bureau and that it can effect getting a job. This is a horriable company to do buisness with they will do anything to keep charging you for lomg as they can. If they claim to not recieve the praposal they can keep charging.

Larry
Topeka, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian/Arlington-Texas-76096-9604/Providian-ripoff-slow-prossessing-Arlington-Texas-18116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian

Very intersting

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I find all these complants about Providian very intristing because I have experiensed no problems with Providian I always get my bill in plenty of times to send payment and my payment was ussualy posted with in 3 days me of mailing it adittionaly my interest rate has not incraesed like many people are conplaining about?

I have since stopped mailing payments since it is more conveneint to pay on line so I would suggest doing that to avoid late fees etc. when are yall mailing your bills?

when I payed by male my payments went from Loiusiana to New Hampshire and they were always made in a reasonable time. Keep in mind these companies have 100,000s of cardholders and may need an extra day or too to get to your envelope. I hope my good fortune with Providian continues. They gave me credit when noone else would.