Complaint Review: Providian

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2003

• Reported By:charlotte North Carolina
Providian
Po Box 660763 Dallas, Tennessee U.S.A.

Providian Financial ripoff Dallas Tennessee

Back in approximately January I received a letter from Providian that they were going to raise my interest rate on my account from 24% to 29%. Wondering why I contacted them and they told me that it was a business decision to raise the rate.

Prior to my interest rate being increased I paid in full 2 other account totalling approx. $7000.00. In the 42 months that I had this account I was only 2 times past my due date and it was only a few days. I have since closed my account but I am still paying the 29% interest rate on the balance. I also have called on several occasions to try and lower my rate but each time I was told NO!!! Any help, please let me know!!

Rose
charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian/Dallas-Tennessee-75266/Providian-Financial-ripoff-Dallas-Tennessee-55937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian