conductor

• Reported By:Ofallon Missouri
Providian
Usa Nationwide U.S.A.

Providian deceptive company Nationwide

Providian raised my interest rate to 29.99% without notice. I transferred the balance to another card with a lower fee and cancelled the card. This transaction was done prior to the payment due date however they added interest for the first few days of the month, after the card was canceled and paid in full. I recently received a bill for $50 for late fees and interest not paid. I called them and explained that I had paid the card in full and cancelled the account why was I being billed for these charges, they did not process the payment for seven days and the therefore the payment was late.

I explained that the balance was transferred prior to the due date via the phone and another credit card. The response was they had thousands of customers all over the country, happy customers at that and I was ruining my credit by not paying this bill. I tried to explain that I was a good customer in good standing and had just paid off my card with them and requested to only pay the interest charges and the late fee be waived because they were slow in processing the payment. The Customer service Rep stated lady pay your bill or it will be reported goodbye.

Jennifer
Ofallon, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian/nationwide/Providian-deceptive-company-Nationwide-58072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian