Complaint Review: Providian

• Updated: Thu, June 13, 2002

• Reported By:Saginaw MI
www.providianfinancial.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Providian is an outlandish ripoff company. Nationwide, USA

I too fell for these happp credit card offers. The only one that has been killing my softly is Providian. They offer you a Gold card for have good credit, which I had before they came across. First I started off with a $1000 credit limit. It seemed easy at first, because with having a full time job, that didn't seem so hard to do. After a few months of having good payment history with them, I recieved a confirmation of being able to have my limit increased another $1000.

Sounds good huh. So I took the bait. After a few more months they said that they would increase my buying power up another $1000. This time I didn't take the bait, because I finally realized that everytime I accepted it, my interest rates shot up. My interest rate went up from 10.99% to 24.99%. Even though I didn't accept the rate up to $3000.00. They automatically increased my limit up to $2,500.00. My monthly payments are $78.00 per month. When I pay this rate, my balance never goes down because of the inflatted interest rates and fees.

I missed paying on time by one day and was charged $30 late fee, including interest. This brought my monthly fee up to $118 for that month. I had other creditors and household responsibilities. I finally contacted a credit counseling service in order to take care of my problems. They will help for a very small fee. They have worked it out with me where I will have all of my debts paid off within 13 months. Whereas, when I had did the math on my computer a few weeks ago, Providian alone was going to take me until the year 2007 to payoff, and that was if I didn't make any more purchases and did ontime payments. They need to take Providian to the gas chamber for this.

Saginaw, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2002 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian/nationwide/Providian-is-an-outlandish-ripoff-company-Nationwide-USA-22684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian