Complaint Review: Prudential Disability

• Updated: Sun, January 02, 2011

• Reported By: Sarah — Waukesha Wisconsin United States of America
Prudential Disability
PO Box 13480 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Prudential Disability Why do I even pay into STD they dont pay anyways Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: update

I went on disability on 10/21/10Since day one it has been nothing but a headache. October 20 they faxed my dr the disability form that was faxed back to them Oct 22 at 1015am. On Oct 23, I received a letter stating they have not received my form yet, keep in mind that was only 2 days from when they fax it to the dr. On Oct 27 it was requested that I fill out a treatment questionnaire, it was completed and faxed back on 10/27 at 138pm. On 11/12, I called to update the information since I had further tests done since the last update. I called and spoke with Michael. This was at 1144am I was also returning a call that was left for me. Michael proceeded to tell me that there was no record of a call ever being placed to me. On December 8, I received a decision; this was past the 45 days that is allowed by the ERISA Act. It stated that I was approved through Nov 17. It was asked that I call and let them know if I returned to work or if I knew when I was going to. Never once was I given any documentation to appeal Nov 17 through the present time.

I called Lisa Frazier on 12/08 and gave an update through a voicemail stating that I was still off and I was referred to a specialist and would be going to along with the rest of the treatment. I never received a call back even though I requested one. On 12/15, I faxed a statement from my dr release me back part time limited duty starting 01/03/11. With no return call, still I emailed 12/20 requesting information and a call back. The email response said one business day. Still no response. I called Lisa Frazier again on 12/22 at 1215 and LM with no return call. I have received one payment to date. I am about to be evicted from my home and my car reposed. I should not have to this kind of service when I pay into this benefit on a weekly benefit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2010 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prudential-Disability/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19176/Prudential-Disability-Why-do-I-even-pay-into-STD-they-dont-pay-anyways-Philadelphia-Penn-674855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prudential Disability

update

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

It has been a month since I left my first message for a return call. I still have not received a call return from Dec 8 and the 22 and have not received a response to my email either. I am considering going back to work against Dr orders since I have to support my family.