Complaint Review: Psychiatric Center of Macon Georgia

• Updated: Fri, September 20, 2013

• Reported By: Mr. $ only to doctor — Forsyth Georgia
Psychiatric Center of Macon Georgia
Macon, Georgia USA

Psychiatric Center of Macon Georgia Dr. Dwight Bearden $75 to fill out FLMA paperwork. I thought this was outrageous and brought in to their attention how I felt about it. They then told me they could waive the fee the first time, but I would have to find a new doctor going forward. This would make the "second time" impossible. This makes it VERY CLEAR, that DR. DWIGHT BEARDEN is in the profession for the money. TO HELL WITH THE PATIENT, I WANT MY MONEY! Macon Georgia

*Author of original report: I Pay My Bills and have great health insurance

*General Comment: FREE ?

To Dr. Dwight Bearden, it is money first and patient second.

$75 to fill out FLMA forms.

He said he could waive the $75 for this time; however, if he waived the fee, I would have to find a new doctor.

The above statements as true as true can get,

It is obvious and crystal clear that $75 holds a higher value to him than helping a patient.

i thought all doctors took the Hippocratic Oath

Dr. Bearden has taken the It's All About the Money Oath.

Totally a 0 on a scale of 0-10

Disgrace to his profession.

i do not recommend him if he were that last psychiatrist on earth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Psychiatric-Center-of-Macon-Georgia/Macon-Georgia-31201/Psychiatric-Center-of-Macon-Georgia-Dr-Dwight-Bearden-75-to-fill-out-FLMA-paperwork-I-1086191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Psychiatric Center of Macon Georgia

I Pay My Bills and have great health insurance

AUTHOR: Mr. $ only to doctor - ()

I have excellent health insurance, always paid my copayment, and followed the treatment plan.

He had filled out these forms in the past with no mention of a fee.

When I found out about the fee, I told the receptionist in a very calm way, "WOW!  $75 for checking off a few boxes and a few signatures. Can you see if we can make that like $25?  I need to buy my meds today too"

She then went back to speak to the doctor again, and upon her return she told me that he would complete the forms and waive the $75 today because he wanted me to be able to get my meds, but I needed to find a new doctor.

i have NEVER in any way been a trouble maker or had any problems with any of the staff.

When people make posts on this website, they are probably almost 100% venting anger, as I was.

i think that any reasonable person, if in the same exact situation, would not feel that this doctor valued $75 more than them.  You know what?  I would have paid the $75 if he had not told me that I needed to find a new doctor.

No big deal!  My primary care doctor will find me a new psychiatrist on Monday.

i now know that at least one person read this!  The things that happened are now history.

#2 General Comment

FREE ?

AUTHOR: Kwtrucks - ()

So, you expect him to fill out paperwork that requires him to see and evaluate you but think that he should not charge you for a visit.

The oath does not apply as you had no emergency.

If you asked me to do something free I would not want you back either.

The FML is a few pages long so its not just his signiature for him.