Complaint Review: Public Records Check.com

• Submitted: Tue, April 20, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 20, 2010

• Reported By: Dona Felipa — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Public Records Check.com

Public Records Check.com DON'T USE PUBLIC RECORDS CHECK.COM. TOTAL SCAM Internet

Public Records Checks. com is merely a scam to up fees repeatedly for supposed access to data bases holding birth,  marriage,  divorce certificates and other information held at county and municipal clerk offices nationwide.  I was searching for my divorce certificates.

I had a terrible feeling it was a rip-off, but went ahead and signed up with my fingers crossed, hoping it would be otherwise. But alas, I plunked down $42.99 for their "VIP" service.  That led me to one address, which I already had.  Then I clicked on "Divorce" records and up popped a  request for an additional 2.99, foir access to their "premiu m data base."  Again, I  plunked down the fee and continued to search for my divorce records when up popped another demand for another fee, this one to do a complete background check on the person I wanted to find the divorce decree for.

In the process of pursuing access, I found out my membership had been moved from PublicRecordsChecks.com, which I could no longer access at all.  Instead, I was no to use "Intelgator.com", which would give me the additional access only if I signed up for their complete background check package, which was about $50.

I immediately asked for a cancellation and refund.  Of course,  the site can't handle this.  They sent me an e-mail referring me to "CLC Bank."  Went to their site. No way to request a cancellation.

What a racket.  Don't use either Public Records Checks.com or their buddies at IntelGator.com.  If anyone out there ever comes across an authentic vital statistics data base, send word.  I know that VitalChek.com is used by the state of Oregon.  But I'm not searching for information there.

Public Records Checks.com and IntelGator should be sued in a class action.  Let me know if anyone out there is up for it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2010 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Records-Checkcom/internet/Public-Records-Checkcom-DONT-USE-PUBLIC-RECORDS-CHECKCOM-TOTAL-SCAM-Internet-594960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Records Check.com