Complaint Review: Public Storage, Alameda

Public Storage, Alameda
1829 Webster Street Alameda, California United States of America

Public Storage, Alameda Storage Space Ripped Off! Alameda, California

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off just as well

I lost my home a year ago and had to store the contents of a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in a storage unit and chose Public Storage in Alameda because it sounded like a quiet location not prone to burglaries, etc.  To my surprise after a month of storage, I returned one evening to find my entire storage unit ramsacked and HALF of my storage contents that were of extreme value, GONE!!!

When I reported this to the office, an employee followed me to my unit, gave a quizzical look and said I must have left the unit unlocked.  I found the unit unlocked with the lock still on the unit, therefore I was told that because there was not a sign of forced entry, that I could not take advantage of the insurance coverage I had taken out on the unit.

I was fortunate enough to get my house back because of unlawful foreclosure, but ended up losing most of the valuable contents of my home. I am still trying to replace various items and am thankful for some donations from neighbors.

If you ever need a storage unit, don't come to Alameda Public Storage!! - I personally feel that it was an inside job because of the circumstances and the attitude of the staff once I reported it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage-Alameda/Alameda-California-94501/Public-Storage-Alameda-Storage-Space-Ripped-Off-Alameda-California-1027661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage, Alameda

Ripped off just as well

AUTHOR: Lovelyone76 - ()

dear owner

do not feel like to lone ranger. I have a public storage unit at the oakland facility off hegenberger road and my unit was broken into. i went into my unit april 23, 2013, i received a call from the manager stating that my unit was unsecure on april 27, 2013. so basically 4 days has went by. they are suppose to check each unit on the property every two hours and because four days went by without proper security from staff and management, the perp had a fill day in my unit. now i have filed a small claims suit for neglect. the bad thing is that i have both sets to my lock but the lock was gone completely.