Complaint Review: Public Storage Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 22, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Rage — Austin Texas
Public Storage Inc.
7112 S. Congress St. Austin, Texas USA

Public Storage Inc. Theft, I just got broken into 30,000 lost Austin Texas

I have been renting at Public Storage for 1 1/2 years. I was told when I moved in that there were survaliiance cameras and a code to enter gate so my stuff would be secure and I not need to worry "that is what I was told".Among the fact that there was someone always there and they had security.  Now after a break in, I am told that there is no cameras and that they have had previous break in's ? No security, my unit was broken into along with 10 other units on May 5th 2013 and I never got a call from them ? I went there on May 20th 2013 only to find out there was another lock on my storage ? Well I knew that it was not from me not paying as they take amount out of my account every month.

There I was to load up for the Rot Rally here in Austin as I am a leather vender, I rented a F150 series truck from U-HAUL and went to go load my Toy-hauler went to public storage and diffrent lock was on my unit? I called the phone number on card as a urgent call and noone returned my call? I left truck and u-haul there, got ride back to u-haul to pick up my van and went home. Following day at 8:00 a.m. I head over to storage unit and walked in office , they informed me that there had been a break in, Why was I not called ?

$30,00 of my wholesale merchandise had been wipped out and they acted like it was no big deal ,I called police Travis County to be told it was problay a cold cut case and that I would have to serve as my own detective and or investigator to investigate my case ? What the hell ,I am a victim of theft and they took my whole livliyhood and I get treated like this?

Then the office sells me a $19.00 lock ? And charged me for May on top of it ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage-Inc/Austin-Texas/Public-Storage-Inc-Theft-I-just-got-broken-into-30000-lost-Austin-Texas-1052876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage Inc.