Complaint Review: Public Storage, Inc

• Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: Ms H — Bellevue Washington USA
Public Storage, Inc
701 Western Avenue Glendale,, California United States of America

Public Storage, Inc Wouldn't refund my 4 months' rent when I vacated early Glendale, California

*Author of original report: Check finally arrived, but postdated

I prepaid several months on a storage unit. When I vacated the unit, Feb 2011, with 4 months remaining, I was assured I would receive a refund quickly (about 2 weeks), rather than the usual 4-6 weeks.

Since then, I have checked back repeatedly, been assured that the District Manager was investigating the delay, that the check required further authorization, that the check status was "Pending," that in fact, no "service ticket" had been generated or submitted, that a supervisor had called upstairs and requested that a check be issued in the following weeks' check run, that her superior was not due back in the office before the next week, that there was/is nothing I can do/say to get them to respond.

Having waited until today, more than 8 weeks later, as directed, I'm told "nobody responded to my emails upstairs," regarding assurances that the check would be overnighted, to arrive tomorrow. "They've all gone home for the day," comes the latest email.

As the story keeps changing and morphing, I realize that I may be compelled to take this matter to Small Claims court, and lose a day following up. But a judgment may not compel them to pony up the dough. Evidently, I'm not the Lone Ranger in my disappointment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2011 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage-Inc/Glendale-California-91201/Public-Storage-Inc-Wouldnt-refund-my-4-months-rent-when-I-vacated-early-Glendale-Cali-722443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage, Inc

Check finally arrived, but postdated

AUTHOR: Ms Hanson - (USA)

After daily emails, sometimes numerous detailed queries, Public Storage finally sent my overdue refund check for 4 months' prepaid storage rental.

Ironically, they overnighted...a post-dated check (dated for next week). Yep.
I notice the date of record is 2 days after I vacated, indicating they parked on this matter for over 8 weeks.

BTW, not one person at Public Storage ever, ever denied that my claim was legitimate. All, however, blamed policy, supervisors, mailroom, accounts payable, etc. And I notice my most recent contact never called to confirm delivery receipt.

I'm glad RipOffReport.com gave me the impetus to quit waiting and start an active campaign to get this resolved. With your other available resources, you'll be my Number 1 resource in my future business dealings. Thanks for an accessible, inside guide to consumer services & businesses!