Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Updated: Tue, May 01, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Public Storage
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Public Storage refuse to pay for stolen items inside job

My daughter storage space unit was vandalized and personal items were stolen. The police report said it look like someone came through the ceiling into her unit and stolen things. The insurance said the only way they would pay her claim would be if there was forced entry. The police's report said not force entry, but it look like maybe a inside job.

I feel that the insurance sould still be held liable, because if it was a inside job, then their employees should be bonded for something like this happening.

I feel my daughter should be compensated for her lost.
I'm appalled that the insurance do not want to replace my daughter lost.

Even though my daughter have never done business with this company, and I'm not really sure why she chose this company.

I feel my daughter paid insurance in case that this happens. For the insurance to just say "No" is not acceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Atlanta-Georgia/Public-Storage-refuse-to-pay-for-stolen-items-inside-job-5062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage