Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Submitted: Sun, April 30, 2000
  • Updated: Sun, April 30, 2000

• Reported By:Lubbock TX
Public Storage
6336 Fairdale Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 713-784-3460
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

My Public Storage Rip off story...

I was in the process of moving and rented a storage space in Houston TX at a large storage company called Public Storage. Well as I was there, the man that signed me up convinced me to get insurace to "protect" all my stuff...Well about a year later, I went to pick up my stuff to discover that my Television was stolen...It was only a 200.00 set, but I thought for sure that I was covered since I did purchase their "protection" insurance. Well...from what I found out...the insurance is a piece of junk...It's like having no insurance at all...I made a report with the Houston Police Department, and called the Public Storage insurance company and they asked some questions...Anyway, to make a long story short....I would get a phone call about every 2 months from the insurance company asking me if "I would like to continue this investigation..."
I feel I was ripped off and just sold insurance without having real coverage....This company never made any attempts to rectify the situation, and was more or less like too bad the insurance company can't really do anything for you eventhough you PAID for it. To anyone planning on getting a storage space DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Houston-Texas-77057/My-Public-Storage-Rip-off-story-2171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage