- Report: #948803
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Public Storage
Public Storage17952 Gothard Street Huntington Beach, California United States of America
Public Storage ,publicstorage.com False advertising and failure to be up front on terms. Huntington Beach, California
They advertise only $1.00 rent for the first month, then before you get out
of the office, they collect up front for paper work $22.00, a new lock for
$21.00 then insurance whether you want it or not.
Employee failed to properly inform of these unadvertised charges:
1. Was not told we were buying the lock for some $21 (for which I have no
use for). We only needed temporary storage for one week.
2. Was charged $9 for insurance which I did not need as my homeowner
insurance covers it. At the time I wasn't sure until I got a hold of my agent.
I was told the insurance would be adjusted.
When I reminded this Employee, this person would not do anything about it.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Huntington-Beach-California-92647/Public-Storage-publicstoragecom-False-advertising-and-failure-to-be-up-front-on-terms-948803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.